Associate / Bachelor of Christian Counseling Degrees
Christian Counseling Courses: Page 6
Authors: Dr. Richard Arno and Dr Phyliss Arno 326 pages plus workbook and DVD 2 exams 9 credit hours
Creation Therapy teaches
accountability for each individual's actions and helps the reader
understand who God created him or her to be. Our primary goal for
providing this book is to help understand the mysteries of God's
wonderful creation of the human race. It teaches how His wonderful
plan, for us as individuals, works and how it can cause every person
to be happy and fulfilled during this life. It will aid you in
developing and maintaining relationships with others, especially
with the Lord Jesus Christ.
The purpose of this course is to:
1. Provide the student with the Biblical, historic and scientific background of the theory of temperament and to provide evidence of the validity of this theory as a guide to understanding human behavior from a Christian perspective.
2. Teach the student the general behavior patterns of each temperament, how it affects every aspect of all our lives, and how to use this information to develop and maintain human relationships.
3. Introduce the student to a test called "Arno Profile System." This test, unlike all other measurements of behavior, measures inborn temperament with an accuracy rate of over 90%.
4. Provide the student with a credible alternative to counseling/coaching techniques currently available to the Christian community. The therapeutic model taught in this course has a proven success rate of 93.4% this percentile is based on the therapy conducted with over 7,000 counselees.
5. Teach the student a faith-based approach to human behavior to be better equipped to serve in lay-counseling or coaching that assists others in achieving long-term emotional and spiritual well-being.
Moving Beyond Depression: A Whole Person Approach to Healing
Author Gregory L. Jantz 192 pages 1 report 3 credit hours
Description: You can hope again...
You may feel as if you will never find a way out of the darkness of depression. Gregory L. Jantz, Ph.D. believes that because people’s paths into depression are uniquely their own, their paths out of depression will be unique as well. In Moving Beyond Depression, he takes an insightful and honest look at the emotional, environmental, relational, physical, and spiritual causes of this disease. Here you will find practical help that will lead you to true freedom.
Discipleship Counseling: The complete Guide to Helping Others Walk in Freedom and Grow in Christ
Author Dr. Neil T. Anderson 400 pages 1 report 6 credit hours
Building on the concepts found in "Victory over the Darkness" and "The Bondage Breaker", Neil Anderson's counseling ministry guide provides clear information and excellent models to help you understand what discipleship counseling is all about.
If you're a pastor, counselor or lay leader, this resource will make you more comfortable, confident and competent in your role as encourager. In turn, this will help you free people from their emotional pain and spiritual conflicts, as you guide them to a more complete understanding of who they are in Christ.
Caring for People God's Way: Personal and Emotional Issues, Addictions, Grief, and Trauma.
Editors: Dr. Tim Clinton, Dr. Archibald Hart, George Ohlschlager 576 pages 1 report 6 credit hours
Caring for People God's Way presents Christian counseling in a systematic, step-by-step manner that outlines the process as practically as possible. It then applies the process to the most common issues faced by Christian counselors: personal and emotional issues, trauma, grief, loss, and suicide.